Solid Sitka Spruce & Mahogany Construction
The Sigma GJM-SGE+ features a solid sitka spruce top that delivers a broad dynamic range and yields a crisp and articulate tone, making the GJM-SGE+ versatile to play. Its solid sitka spruce top offers a sparkling high response and a tight, clear attack, perfect for pronounced players. In addition, the Sigma’s stunning solid top is accompanied by mahogany back and sides which produce a resonant distinct warmth. Additionally, used as back and side panels, the mahogany delivers a meaty mid-range, producing punchy, woody tones with plenty of depth and complexity that will please most playing styles. This sonically-pleasing mixture of tonewoods is well-known among guitarists as the ‘classic’ acoustic sound, providing versatility, warmth, and resonance with a powerful response, perfect for a wide range of genres and playing styles.
Grand Jumbo Body
The Sigma GJM-SGE+ features a 14-fret grand jumbo body, offering superb volume and projection whilst playing acoustically, yet remains well-balanced across the tonal spectrum, even when plugged in. The Sigma’s powerful and bold sound is due to all the extra room for the sound to reverberate around the body, providing a full, thick tone and a larger volume that simply cannot be replicated by smaller bodied guitars. Furthermore, the grand jumbo has great distinction between bass and treble response due to curvature as well as producing a deep and resonant bottom-end. Traditionally, the jumbo shape is perfect for more meaty chord work, however, this beautifully crafted and sonically-balanced electro acoustic is able to accommodate fingerpicking styles, many different techniques, and heavier strumming patterns with equal ease.
Sigma Preamp & Tuner
Equipped with a Sigma preamp system, the GJM-SGE+ will feel right at home on stage or in the studio, perfect for the gigging guitarist. The built-in Sigma preamp features slide controls for bass, middle, and treble with a rotary control for volume, enabling players to add a little extra sonic-character to their amplified tone. Furthermore, the preamp also has a built-in tuner, providing quick, precise and easy tuning on the go, whether performing acoustically or amplified.
Neck & Fingerboard
Constructed from mahogany, the Sigma’s neck delivers a resonant rich warmth that responds superbly to many different playing styles with equal ease. Additionally, the neck features a dovetail joint for added durability and a low profile for added comfort; as well as a better grip in each position up and down the neck. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a micarta fingerboard which offers a smooth playing experience whilst adding sonically pleasing tones to the guitar’s overall sound.
The GJM-SGE+ features a bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
- Well-suited to live and rehearsal settings due to built-in Sigma electronics
- Sonically-versatile mixture of tonewoods accommodates numerous techniques and genres with ease
- Grand jumbo body is ideal for meatier chord work and fits beautifully within a live mix
- Ultra thin UV sunburst finish for an eye-catching yet slightly authentic look
- Moustache bridge and tortoiseshell pickguard offers vintage-inspired appearance
- Dovetail neck joint for incredible durability
- Bone nut for added resonance and sustain
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Type: Grand Jumbo 14-Fret
- Bridge Material: Micarta
- Bridge Type: Moustache
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Rosette: Traditional Multi-Stripe
- Finish: Ultra-Thin UV
- Colour: Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Dovetail Joint
- Neck Profile: Low Profile
- Fingerboard Material: Micarta
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Scale Length: 645 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Preamp: Sigma Preamp w/Tuner
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Bass/Middle/Treble/Tuner